Due to popular demand the Tree of Life is now opening on Saturdays for a 3 month trial period. If this proves to be successful and there is a high demand for our service over this period, then we will permanently open on Saturdays.
Please let others know who may be interested in accessing
these services from us on Saturdays.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
You can download a copy of this poster in PDF format by clicking HERE
Over the weekend a Facebook post was uploaded on Wythenshawe1 about a fridge in a very poor state. A claim was made that this item came from The Tree of Life Centre Wythenshawe. We would like to categorically state that we have NOT supplied and delivered a fridge to this address and to the person identified in this post.
The Tree of Life centre is committed to collecting quality used goods with the objective of supplying them through referral routes or at very affordable prices to the community of Wythenshawe.
We have been working in this way with our local community since 1984. During this time we have developed robust processes to ensure that we are delivering an excellent service. In 2016 alone we made 2,465 collections, made 3,098 deliveries and welcome on average 250 customers through our doors every day to access these goods.
Quality Control is paramount;
1. Our drivers and drivers’ assistants follow a rigorous quality control process with comprehensive visual checks when collecting used items to ensure we maintain our high quality standard.
2. Our ethos is “if we wouldn’t want it in our home then why should our customers”.
3. Once items are collected they are brought to our centre where they also undergo another quality check by our shop team.
4. Electrical items are passed to our PAT testing facility to test electrical safety and fit for purpose checks before they go on to the shop floor.
5. When goods are referred or sold and picked for delivery they are also checked to ensure the right product at the right standard is being delivered.
These internal checks are in place to ensure our quality levels. We have a robust paperwork process in place to support this.
1. All items collected must be signed for upon collection.
2. All collections are made at the drivers discretion to ensure our quality control requirements are met. If it doesn’t meet our criteria we don’t collect it.
3. When items are delivered they must be signed for by the customer.
4. All of this paperwork is recorded on our online system and paper copies filed for administrative purposes.
We operate an open door policy and are happy to speak directly with any of our customers and supporters regarding any items, enquiries or complaints. The Tree of Life Centre Wythenshawe are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of the residents of Wythenshawe and surrounding areas.
We would liketo take this opportunity to thank our loyal supporters and customers who vouch for the quality of our service.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0161 489 7018 or email; email@example.com if we can be of any help.
You can download the report of our 2016 Annual General Meeting by clicking HERE
This gallery contains 13 photos.
We had an excellent day opening our newly refurbished Job Club & Wellbeing rooms. Heartfelt gratitude to our hard working & gracious Lord Mayor. We are so proud and thankful to everyone that helped us to achieve our new Job … Continue reading
Please note that the Putting Your Best Self Forward Workshop that was due to take place on Monday 26th June has been postponed due to unforseen circumstances, as soon as a new date is arranged it will be posted on here and on social media.
Congratulations to Steve, our volunteer of the month for May 2017.
Steve has been a loyal Volunteer at the Tree of Life for many years now and is a hardworking and very friendly guy (with a wicked sense of humour) who brings a smile to everyones face with his cheerful outlook on life.
Described as “The Salt of the Earth” he has been nomimated by his colleagues for the time and committment he gives to the Tree of Life and also because he makes wonderful brews and toast for everyone each morning!
Thank you for all the work you do Steve and also the fun you bring to the centre.
If you’re looking for work and keep applying for jobs but never hear anything back then you should attend the Job Application Forms Skills workshop we are holding at the Tree of Life Centre on Tuesday 20th June. Although you may think you already know how to fill in a job application form you would be suprised at how many application forms we have seen that are incomplete or haven’t been filled in correctly. A correctly filled out job application makes all the difference in obtaining that all important job interview. If you wish to attend then you can let us know in person, by phone or by email if you would like to attend. Details are on the poster below.